Flats evacuated over gas leak

Share this article

RESIDENTS in the Rosevale Street flats were evacuated on Friday morning following a gas leak.

The alarm was raised with the fire service at 10.55am after reports of a strong smell of gas coming from an unoccupied flat, and while two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus gained access by breaking down the door, police officers evacuated the remainder of the surrounding flats.

A spokesperson for fire control commented: “The firefighters were able to isolate the gas supply and were standing by until ScottishPower arrived.”