Supermarket chain Morrisons is offering its customers a massive 10p per litre off the cost of fuel from today.
Any customer spending Â£50 or more in Morrisons stores from Thursday November 29 until December 9 will be entitled to a voucher which can then be exchanged for the discount at the chainâ€™s filling stations. The vouchers will be valid until Sunday December 16.
The deal applies to petrol and diesel and for drivers filling an average family carâ€™s 55-litre tank means a saving of up to Â£5.50 per fill-up.
There is no limit to the number of vouchers customers can claim, although youâ€™ll only get one per transaction, no matter how much more than Â£50 you spend.
The move follows a similar promotion run by rival retailer Tesco earlier this year. It also comes hot on the heels of all four of the major supermarket chains reducing their forecourt prices after criticism that they were not passing on savings from a fall in wholesale petrol costs.
Ashley Myers, Morrisons’ head of fuel, said: â€œWith the festive season just round the corner, this is a welcome saving for the nationâ€™s motorists to help them afford the cost of Christmas.â€
How the deal works
- Spend Â£50 or more in any Morrisons store and youâ€™ll receive a voucher. Present this voucher at the filling station till and youâ€™ll get a 10p per litre discount
- You can collect as many vouchers as you like but you only get one per in-store transaction and you can only use on per fill-up
- The vouchers can only be used once
- You have to present the voucher at a kiosk, they wonâ€™t work for pay-at-pump transactions
- The offer doesnâ€™t apply to online shopping
- The discount isnâ€™t available to anyone filling up with more than 100 litres in one transaction
- The discount is only available at Morrisons filling stations, not at BP, Esso or Texaco stations with Morrisons forecourt shops
Read more:Â How to improve fuel efficiency and save money